- Improved range of motion
- Proper hip-to-foot positioning
- Development of balance and self-support
- Improved motor planning
- Increased blood circulation
- Fitting process ensures natural hip positioning
- Strengthening of anti-gravity muscles
- Stabilized bike with parking brake for transferring
- Quick Release locks help swing bike components out of the way for transferring
- Improvements in overall mobility
Designed through feedback from parents and therapists
Adjusted to the exact specifications and unique requirements of the rider
Freedom Concepts works closely with physio and occupational therapists to ensure that all of our products provide a highly effective, measurable therapeutic benefit to our clients.
Moorings Mediquip has recruited a team of staff specially trained in seating, wheelchairs, pressure care and moving and handling
Freedom Concepts Discovery 12
The High Back with Chest Strap, Rear Steering, Neoprene Adjustable Footplates & Chest Harness shown above are not included with the tricycle. They can each be added on as accessories.
Freedom Concepts’ Discovery 12″ is designed to fit children from 4 to 8 years of age. It’s a great tricycle to keep your preschooler pedaling right through the first years of elementary school.
The Discovery 12″ is designed to assist children with mild to moderate physical disabilities. The basic features offer support for the little ones that need some extra help. And for the children that require more support, there are several accessories to choose from to provide just what is needed. Once your child is properly supported, he or she can focus on increasing their strength and coordination while having fun!Contact Us
Enquiry about Freedom Concepts Discovery 12
This product requires an individual to purchase. Please use this form to make an enquiry.
Freedom Concept Trikes
Standard Features Include:
- 3.5″ Crank Arm.
- Self Centering Spring.
- Rear Handle Locking Hand Brakes.
- Hook & loop straps on pedals.
- The low crossbar, in combination with the adjustable handlebars that can be moved out of the way, allows for assisted transfers on and off the tricycle.
- Hoop Handlebars: The Handlebars are 12″ H.
- Right & Left hoop handlebars adjust up, down, forward, and backward independently.
- 12” Smooth Tires with Solid Tire Inserts.
- 12” Steel Wheels.
- Wheel Covers.
- Chrome Fork.
- Adjustable Lo Back Seat (13″w x 7.5″h).
- 2″ W Hip Belt.
- Heavy-duty Steel Chainguard.
- Adjustable foot crank for ultimate positioning of the legs.
- Direct Drive with Easy Pedal Power: The pedals move as the tricycle moves, whether it’s backwards or forwards. This allows the rider to benefit from the reciprocal leg motion even as they are learning to increase their strength to pedal independently.
- Safety Flag.
- Wheel Reflectors.
- Animal Squeaky Horn.
- Multi Tool & Tool Pouch.
About Freedom Concept Trikes
Visit our Resources page to download Brochure and Specifications